Safety Rules of the Florida Whips, Inc.
- Vehicles and harness must be serviceable, and in good repair.
- Horses must have bridles on with reins attached prior to hitching to a vehicle.
- Vehicles must be unhitched prior to removing reins and bridles.
- Never tie a horse or leave it unattended when hitched to a vehicle.
- Driver must have a whip.
- Never pass another carriage at a fast trot or drive too close to another carriage.
- It is recommended that the driver of the passing vehicle get permission of the vehicle in front to do so.
Click here for the American Driving Society Pre-Competition Checklist.